SAVE THE DATE for MAY 20, 2023 6-11PM | LUNKEN AIRPORT, HANGAR #2
The adult only ChangingGears Grand Prix is back! The Grand Prix is a fundraising event that is a blast for participants and spectators! The main event is a pedal kart, relay race tournament where four person teams go head-to-head around an indoor track with a few fun obstacles along the way. Check out this video from a previous event:
In addition to the race, and all included with the ticket price, there will be food, drinks, post race pedal kart rides, and plenty of excitement for the crowd, all while supporting a great cause of providing affordable transportation solutions for people working their way out of poverty.
HOW THE RACE WORKS
- Each team will consist of 4 racers. All participants must be 21 years of age or older. All team members must be present for registration and sign a waiver prior to participating.
- PEDAL KARTS
- Pedal karts will be provided for you. No need to bring your own ride. A pedal kart is basically a bike with four wheels and a steering wheel.
- Each race will consist of a two team, head-to-head, relay race. Each team member will drive one lap. Driver exchanges will take place in a designated area by the start/finish line.
- There is no pushing or shoving of the other team during the race. Drivers that do will be disqualified. We agree rubbin’ is racin’ in NASCAR, but these are pedal karts and you’re not Dale Earnhardt.
- The champion will be determined through a bracket style tournament, and winners of each race will advance to the next round.
- COSTUMES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. There will even be an award for the best team costume. Let’s see what you got.
- Every team member must wear a helmet (bike helmets work great) and close-toed shoes. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS. To quicken the driver exchange, we encourage every team member to bring their own helmet.
- Is this event kid-friendly?
- No. This is a 21+ event only. So get a sitter (and probably an Uber). It’s going to be a fun night!
- Will there be a losers bracket?
- Yes. It will not be a full double elimination tournament, but each team will get a minimum of two races.
- What are the obstacles in the race?
- To add excitement, a fun obstacle will be added to the race each round of the tournament. Nothing to worry about, the obstacles will be easy enough for anyone to ride through on the pedal kart.
- Will this be Covid safe?
- Yes! Our event will be held at an indoor/outdoor venue with plenty of room to spread out. The airport hangar garage doors will be open during the event.
- Pedal karts will be sanitized between each race.
- Sanitizer will be available throughout the venue.